Life Of A Spuckle

Friday, September 03, 2004

The Hamburg Cell

Watched some of this dramatisation regarding the September 11th 2001 hijackers on Channel 4 last night before it got so boring I switched off, but it gave me an idea for todays songs. It's nearly 3 years later, let us never forget...

Everybody's into Bush-bashing at the moment but here's a reminder that he dealt with this pretty well at the time, despite what you think of his subsequent actions - although I do think this mix would be better without Bush on it:
REM - Everybody Hurts (WTC Tribute)

This starts with *that* haunting answering machine message:
Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (WTC Tribute)

And to finish one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite bands:
Live - Lightning Crashes (WTC Tribute)

I'm not a US citizen but the enormity & impact was no less felt here in the UK. The live footage of the towers collapsing from the top down is without a doubt the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. I'll always remember where I was and who I was with - I remember being... well... just stunned.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home